Welcome to Cookhill Parish Council website
Keep informed on local events, read Agendas and Minutes from the Parish Council Meetings and stay up to date with what’s happening in your local area.
COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Update from Cookhill Parish Council – Friday 31st July 2020
Cookhill Playing Fields & Facilities
The Playground and Adult Exercise Equipment is open! The Parish Council have done their best to adhere to the safety guidelines, where practical, and the following procedures have been put in place for the safety of users, employees and volunteers;
- A risk assessment of the site has been carried out. The site will also be monitored, but users are advised that the site is unmanned.
- The playground equipment, including the adult exercise equipment & goal posts, have been thoroughly cleaned. (This will then take place twice a month for the foreseeable future).
- A safety check of all equipment has been carried out.
- A hand sanitising unit has been installed at the entrance to the playground.
- Signage asking users to follow Government guidelines with regards to the safe use of playgrounds, including social distancing and hand sanitising.
- To read the Government’s advice for managing Playgrounds and Outdoor Gyms please click here.
The Register of Play Inspectors International (RPII) have given the following advice;
- If the playground facility you visit has not yet officially been opened, please do not attempt to use, or access the equipment or area.
- Do not remove any temporary barriers to the playground or plastic fencing or unravel any swing seats or cables that may have been secured to put them out of use – this must be done safely by the owner or operator of the facility.
- Follow the current social distance guidelines when visiting and encourage your children to do the same.
- If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
- Wash your, and your children’s hands, before and after visiting. Take hand sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of water for if your children’s hands get covered in mud. Ensure your children are using hand sanitiser frequently.
- Follow and adhere to all current government advice in addition to the above guidance
Cookhill Parish Council Meetings
Following the continued Government advise for venues / public gatherings, Cookhill Village Hall will remain closed until September. Due to this closure, and the recommendations regarding public gatherings, the Parish Council will be meeting virtually, via Zoom, until the restrictions have been lifted. Members of the public are welcome to join these virtual meetings, please contact the clerk for the link.
Astwood Bank Neighbours Group
Our neighbours in Astwood Bank have set up a fantastic service to help vulnerable people and key workers who need help with essential shopping, prescriptions, local errands or maybe just a friendly phone call. I am very pleased to confirm that they have very kindly offered to extend their service to Cookhill residents. If you would like to learn more about what they offer you can read more here.
Cookhill Lengthsman & duties
The Cookhill Lengthsman has now been given clearance to return to work and will be carrying out his duties around the Parish. He will be working to clear ditches and drains and tidying up our footpaths. There will be a little backlog for him to work through so I hope you will give him time to get round everything. In the meantime, if there is anything that you consider a safety concern please contact the clerk who will report this to Worcestershire County Council for their urgent attention.
Fly-tipping in Cookhill
The Parish Council have been made aware of a number of incidents involving the dumping of waste around the Parish during Lockdown, this illegal dumping is known as ‘fly-tipping’.
Fly-tipping is an offence and perpetrators may be liable to prosecution. Please note that leaving scrap of any kind on land that does not belong to you is classed as fly-tipping.
Any waste that cannot be taken away by authorised kerbside collection should kept until it can be taken to a recycling centre. Hanbury Recycling Centre is now open, but they ask that you only visit if it is essential.
If you would like to report an incident of fly-tipping in the Parish please contact the clerk on 07584 687 283.
As always should you be concerned about yourself or a neighbour, or require medical assistance, please phone 111 for non emergencies and 999 in an emergency.
Please refer to the Government website for the current guidelines regarding the symptoms of Covid-19 and what you should do to protect yourself, and others.
What’s On – Digital Copy
During the current Government recommended lock-down to slow the spread of the Coronavirus, the monthly community magazine – What’s On – will only be available online. Click here to download your copy.
Revised Code of Conduct
At the January 2020 meeting of the Parish Council, Councillors voted to formally adopt the revised Code of Conduct as recommended by Wychavon District Council.
There is a requirement for all local authorities to have in place a code of conduct of their choosing which outlines the behaviour required of councillors. Wychavon have worked closely with other Worcestershire districts, and the County Council, to produce a Worcestershire wide code based on the government model code.
The Committee on Standards in Public Life (CPSL) evidence supports the view that the vast majority of councillors maintain high standards of conduct. They did however, find cases of bullying, harassment, disruptive behaviour and increased examples of how not to use social media. It was felt that the Code of Conduct should be reviewed and amended to tackle these issues.
You can view the Council’s Code of Conduct and other policies here.
The allotments are situated off the Ridgeway, Astwood Bank a short distance on the left past the Why Not Public House, when travelling towards Redditch. There are currently 34 plots, owned and run by Cookhill Parish Council with the assistance of Cookhill Allotment Association.
There are currently no plots available at the allotment site, if you are interested in going on the waiting list, and reside within 5 miles of the Parish of Cookhill, please contact:
The clerk on 07584 687283 or David Claydon, Cookhill Allotment Association on 01527 894317
Cookhill Cricket Club
Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic the Cookhill Cricket Club have suspended all fixtures until further notice.
Cookhill CC will again be running All Stars Cricket for a 3rd year. All Stars Cricket is the England and Wales Cricket Board’s entry level participation programme, aimed at providing children aged five to eight with a great first experience in cricket.
Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies including a cricket bat, ball, activity book, personalised shirt and cap.
Fun filled Sessions start on the 18th May and run for 8 weeks so come along and join in the fun at Cookhill Cricket Club by registering here.
For more information please contact Billy Harris at Cookhill Cricket Club on 077515 80069 or email email@example.com. You can also visit the club’s website here or visit the Facebook page.
Further information about the National All Stars Programme can also be found on their website.
Public Access Defibrillators in Cookhill
Did you know that there are four public access defibrillators in the Parish?
A recent emergency in Cookhill almost called for the use of the Village Hall defibrillator. Thankfully the ambulance arrived quickly, meaning the defibrillator wasn’t needed on this occasion but the knowledge that it was there gave the parishioner peace of mind.
To learn more about the Cookhill defibrillators and their locations here.
There has been an increase in the number of scam callers in the area over the last few months.
One of the scam calls doing the rounds requests access to your computer remotely, claiming that BT will shut down your connection if you do not do this. Another reports that your internet connection will be terminated if you do not click through to another department.
Please remember that if a caller asks to access your computer remotely, or asks for personal information and bank details, you should end the call immediately and use another method to verify the request.
For more information on how to stay safe online, and to report fraud and cyber crime, please visit the Action Fraud website.
Cookhill Neighbourhood Watch
If you would like to report any suspicious behaviour in and around Cookhill you can either contact the clerk, on 07584 687 283, or the Neighbourhood Watch representative – details below.
Cookhill Neighbourhood Watch – Contact Cllr Terry Bennett on 07765 447997
ON THE COOKHILL PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
You can also find links to other services supplied by Worcestershire County Council and Wychavon District, as well as organisations and groups that help bring you the everyday things we need and enjoy.
- Read the Agenda for the next Parish Council meeting or read the minutes from previous minutes here.
- Want to grow your own veg? Learn how to rent a plot at the Cookhill Allotments here.
- Read the Chairman’s updates and other news here.
- Learn more about the Council’s policies, standing orders and financial regulations here.
- Need to speak to a Councillor? Find all the contact information here.