The management of the Parish Council’s finances is guided by the Audit Commission Act 1998 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations issued from time to time under the Act.
The Act requires local councils, i.e. Town and Parish Councils, to prepare accounts annually which are then subject to an external audit. The Act also provides that the Secretary of State may make regulations covering:
- how accounts should be kept,
- the form of accounts and how and when they must be approved and published,
- where and for how long taxpayers can view the accounts and
- how taxpayers can exercise their rights in relation to the accounts.
The rights of taxpayers and other interested parties are described in the Act and a document on these rights is available here.
The Parish Council’s decisions on Financial matters are governed by the Parish Council’s Financial Regulations. You can read an updated copy of Cookhill Parish Council’s current Financial Regulations – as adopted at the Parish Council Meeting on 10th January 2017 – by clicking on the above link.
The main source of Cookhill Parish Council’s income comes from the ‘Precept’, which Wychavon District Council, as the billing authority, collects from each household through the annual Council Tax bill. In 2018-19, the average band D parish precept increased by 4.9% (£3.02). This compares to a 6.3% increase (£3.63) in 2017-18, and is the lowest year-on-year increase in parish precepts since 2015-16.
The total precept for Cookhill Parish Council for 2019-20 is £24,685 including the DCLG support grant.
Annual Audit of the Parish Council Accounts
Cookhill Parish Council – Annual Audited Accounts 2018/19
Every Parish Council is required, by the Audit Commission, to complete an Annual Return.
By law any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the clerk.
Cookhill Parish Council – Annual Audited Accounts 2017/18
The Council received confirmation from PKF Littlejohn LLP that the Annual Return for 2017/18 had been concluded on 31st August 2018 . You can view the Parish Council’s Annual Return for 2017/18 by clicking on the links below:
- Notice of conclusion of Audit – 2018
- External Auditor’s Certificate & Report – September 2018
- Annual Governance & Accounting Statements
Cookhill Parish Council – Annual Audited Accounts 2016/17
The Council received confirmation that the Annual Return for 2016/17 had been concluded on 29th September 2017 . You can view the Parish Council’s Annual Return for 2016/17 by clicking on the links below:
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2017
- External Auditor’s Certificate & Report – September 2017
- Cookhill Parish Council Annual Return 2016 to 2017
Cookhill Parish Council – Annual Audited Accounts 2015/16
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit – 2016
- External Auditor’s Certificate & Report – September 2016
- Cookhill Parish Council Annual Return 2015 to 2016
You can also read the Internal Auditor’s Report by clicking on the link below;
Cookhill Parish Council – Budget Review 2019/20
Cookhill Parish Council reviewed and agreed their budget for 2019/20 in January.
You can view the budget by clicking here.